2015 Seattle Students
|Speakers College Fair Students Schedule Hotel Hosts/Sponsors|
STUDENT CONFERENCE EVENTS AND CLASSES
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Students arrive and visit local arts community
Summer Programs/College Fair 4:00-6:00pm
- Learn about exciting, innovative summer programs offered by a broad range of ASN Member colleges, schools and organizations in the U.S. and U.K.
- Speak with admissions representatives from member universities, colleges, and conservatories.
- Learn about the services of ASN member organizations and get a sneak peak at the 2016 ASN Conference in Dallas.
ASN Member Schools, Colleges, Conservatories, and Arts Education Organizations represented:
- AICAD – Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design
- Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts
- CalArts – California Institute of the Arts
- California College of the Arts
- California State Summer School Arts Foundation
- College of Charleston School of the Arts
- Columbia College Chicago
- Cornish College of the Arts
- Idyllwild Arts Academy and Summer Program
- Interlochen Center for the Arts
- Lingo Tours
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- McNally Smith College of Music
- NYU Tisch School of the Arts
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama
- SCAD – Savannah College of Art and Design
- University of Colorado Denver
- University of Minnesota, Guthrie BFA
- University of North Carolina School of the Arts
- Walnut Hill School for the Arts
- Webster University
1:00-4:00pm Student Performance rehearsal at Cornish Playhouse
5:15-6:15pm Pre-Show Member Reception: New Members Honored by Past Presidents
Friday, October 23, 2015, 9:00-12:00pm
9:00am Plenary Session
Introduction of Keynote Speaker : Jeff M. Poulin, Arts Education Program Director, Americans for the Arts
Pamela Jordan, ASN 1st Vice President, President, Idyllwild Arts Foundation
Keynote: Arts Education Advocacy: The Imperative and How to Make a Change
We all care about arts education, but how do we navigate the complex ecosystem of education to share our story. Learn from keynote speaker and master facilitator, Jeff M. Poulin of Americans for the Arts, to better understand how you can make a change. Join the movement to ensure that every student has access to high quality arts education and to bring the reformative power of the arts to every school and community in America.
ASN Executive Director Report, Kristy Callaway
10:30-11:30am Student Workshops
Join Cornish Theater Department faculty members Tinka Gutrick-Dailey and Timothy McCuen Piggee for a musical theater master class. This is a great opportunity to see what the musical theater concentration experience is like at Cornish. Tinka and Timothy are celebrated artists and educators and the experience will be fun, rich and rewarding.
Student 2. Dance Master Class
Location: Cornish Commons: Room 214
Kate Wallich is a Seattle-based choreographer, director and teacher – named one of Dance Magazine’s “25 to Watch” in 2015. She received her training from Interlochen Arts Academy (’07) and Cornish College of the Arts (’10 Magna Cum Laude). In 2010, she founded her dance company The YC. For more on Kate, visit the Speakers page.
Student 3. Artistry, Entrepreneurship, and Technology in the College Admissions Process
Location: Cornish Main Campus Center: Room 309
Nick Wosika, Admissions Representative, McNally Smith College of Music, St. Paul, MN
This session covers what many arts colleges look for in auditions and demos, and explores how students can maximize their impact with technology. We will look at the use of social media and talk about creating a professional web presence. We will also explore the importance of technology and entrepreneurship as students enter the music industry.
Student 4. Aetho Gimbal Device, The Future of Cinematography
Location: Cornish Main Campus Center: Room 307
Gif Lockley, Principal, Savannah Arts Academy for Visual and Performing Arts; Ian Nott, Co-Founder Aetho
The Aetho gimbal device allows any individual with a GoPro camera to become a filmmaker. The pilot program at SAA utilizing Aetho’s gimbal device for GoPro cameras will revolutionize how students can tackle the art of film.
Friday, October 23, 1:30pm
EMP Student Tour: Tickets $5 – ASN educational group discount.