exploring arts education in a creative cityscape
Urban Arts Education Landscapes, October 16-19, 2012, Chicago, IL
- “What a fantastic conference. You did a spectacular job in putting together one of the best conferences I have been to recently. Columbia College Chicago was an excellent venue and all of the faculty, staff, and students were exceptional. The insightful programs, lectures, tours, and personal interactions helped rekindle my passion for what we do to try to reshape children’s lives through art education. The unbounded energy and enthusiasm of every one of the attendees at the conference was palpable. I am sure everyone including myself went home exhausted but reinvigorated with new ideas on how to foster positive changes in their own arts educations. Most importantly they will be more than willing to migrate back to New York to share again in one year.” ~George Holback, Principal, Cho Benn Holback + Associates, Inc.
- “I just wanted to say a big ‘thank you!’ …It was a fantastic conference and bodes well for future years.”
~Kent Devereaux, Professor, Music Department Chair, Cornish College of the Arts, Seattle, WA
- “I am still feeling the excitement from the Arts School Network Conference. I enjoyed meeting so many people.” ~Valerie Littles-Butler, Principal, Creative Arts High School, St. Paul, MN
- “Greatly enjoyed Conference and reconnecting with colleagues as well as meeting lots of new people. Brava to you and everyone involved in putting together the events, conversations, and sessions. Looking forward to next year already!” ~ Allison T. Ball, Director of Education, YoungArts, Miami, FL
- “[We]…had an absolutely terrific experience participating in the pre-conference workshops. We met some tremendous folks, and I really regretted not staying for the whole conference! I hope that you were very happy with the whole event.” ~Lee Cioppa, Associate Dean for Admissions, The Juilliard School, New York, NY
- “What an excellent conference…I am so energized about what all I saw and learned at the conference and am looking forward to attending again next year.” ~Dr. Amy Phillips, Principal, Central Visual and Performing Arts High School, St. Louis, MO
- “We thoroughly enjoyed the ASN convention in Chicago. Many stimulating and informative seminars” round table discussions and informal networking.” ~John Mobilio, Waterbury Arts Magnet School, Waterbury, CT
View the conference wrap up press release published in November 2012 which sums up the success of our Chicago Conference.